Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Taking a bit of a break


I'm sorry, but, wasn't I just lying on the beach in Limnos? 
Oh, that's right. That was A MONTH AGO.




October already, and the mountain of work on my desk isn't getting any smaller. October already, and I haven't even uploaded the last lot of holiday photos from my camera onto the computer yet. October already, and the souvenirs from the trip are still sitting in my suitcase. October already, and here I am writing a post to apologise for my absence during a period that didn't even seem to pass by.

I don't know where the time went – maybe it decided to stay in Limnos. But wherever it is, it's not helping me with the stuff I need to get done here in my life today. It's hard enough coming home from a warm Greek island to Melbourne's miserable weather, but with so much to do (and diminishing motivation to do it!) I am going to have to give the blog a little rest until I've got my act together.

So please don't forget about me, please keep loving Greek vegetarian food, and please feel free to drop me a line or a comment below to remind me that I do have a blog here, and cooking Greek vegetarian food and photographing it is what I need to find the time to get back to doing. And soon!


16 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you were going when we had the truly miserable windy cold weather this week! Enjoy your break :) I realised today I totally forgot to do what my blog is supposedly about, and that's veganising Greek food. Whoops... still have to make the vegan galaktoboureko and avgolemono. I even bought a Vegg for the soup...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Your vegan galaktoboureko! I can't wait to see how that goes :) I've never heard of a "vegg" - I love the name!

      Delete
  2. i was wondering how you were doing! miss you, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caitlin. I hope I can get back into the swing of things soon!

      Delete
  3. Nice surprise to hear from you again. :)
    No wonder you needed some time to adjust to being back home after that fairytale holiday! I'm looking forward to more photographs when you're ready!
    Ina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ina, that is so true - coming from a fairytale back to reality isn't easy! I've been doing it for four years in a row now and go through the same thing every time!

      Delete
  4. I very much enjoyed your trip to Limnos! (lived it vicariously through your eyes/words). Looking forward to your next food (or otherwise) installment, perhaps something you picked up from your recent travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Demitra. I will definitely be posting about some of the recipes picked up from our travels – one of them being my dad's Briam that he has been perfecting during the year :) It's so lovely to hear you have been enjoying reading about our trip. I have so many photos from Santorini – I think it will take me a week to sort through them all!

      Delete
  5. I was thinking about you earlier this week and hoping everything was okay! Good luck powering through everything you need to get done and I can't wait to see more of your delicious food on the interwebs soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, a bit of a power boost of some sort is exactly what I need right now Liz! I wish I had the stamina you do with your blog! Slowly slowly, I'll get there :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Lisa, I knew exactly what you are going through! The re-entry to reality (but whose reality???) is so brutal. We'll all be here when you get back to the blog. The pictures, your memories, and stories will all still be there, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melinda, yes I know you understand the "trauma" of coming back from a lovely holiday! I've seen the many accounts of your adventures overseas and like you say, having a blog is a great way to keep those stories and photos to look back on.

      Delete
  7. I hope you get back to blogging soon Lisa! Miss your recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I hope I get myself sorted out soon so I can get back to blogging too! And I really must set aside some time to catch up on everyone else's blogs as well! I'm so far behind the times now it's not funny!!!

      Delete
  8. Good luck powering through everything you need to get done

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments and feedback.

To leave a comment, please choose your profile account from the dropdown menu below. If you don't have a profile account, you can use the "Anonymous" option but please remember to sign your name at the end of your comment so I know who you are.

Thanks and hear from you soon!